Privacy, GDPR and Cookies
Whose personal information do we collect and hold?
We only collect and hold personal information about actual and potential clients. Potential clients are people and organisations we have had contact with. This information comes from the individual. We do not purchase, collect or maintain lists of prospects.
What personal information do we hold?
We hold some or all of the following:
- Business clients – name, position in company, address, email, phone numbers
- Private clients – we hold non-business contact details for private clients where these have been given to us by the individual
Who do we share personal information with?
We do not share any personal information. It is only available to direct employees, and those involved in the governance of the company.
How is personal information stored and protected?
- Personal information is stored in electronic form on our computers, tablets and phones. Only direct employees have access to this information, and it is password protected.
- PCs and laptops are secured through an internet security subscription service. All devices are password-protected.
- Accounting data, which includes client personal information, is stored on line (with password protection) and processed by direct staff only. Apart from direct employees, only our bookkeeper and accountant have access to the accounting information.
How is personal information used and processed?
Within the definitions of the General Data Protection Regulation, the “Lawful Basis” for our collection and use of your data is “Contract” – without the data we are unable to deliver our service.
We only use your information for the following purposes:
- To contact you following a request for information
- To contact you to arrange an installation
- To ask for a testimonial
- To process and produce invoices and accounting information
- To manage the warranty
How long is personal information retained?
Information relating to present and past clients is retained indefinitely to preserve the accounting records, to enable the company to service clients’ requirements, to manage the warranty, and provide historical information on request.
Subject Access Requests and Right to Erasure
All ‘Subject Access Requests’ are dealt with personally by one of the Directors of the company. Information will be supplied by email within the stipulated one month.
On request, personal information will be removed, except in the following circumstances:
- Where it would prevent ReversePark Southampton Limited conducting normal business with a client, and the following test fails:
– Individuals have the right to have their personal data erased if: “the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed”.
- Where it forms part of the accounts:
The right to erasure does not apply if processing is necessary for one of the following reasons:
- “to comply with a legal obligation” – the keeping of full and accurate accounting records.
- where it forms part of a data backup which cannot be edited without corrupting the whole backup. It is part of ReversePark Southampton Limited’s “legitimate interest” to maintain usable backups to protect the company and its clients in a disaster recovery situation.
Accuracy of data
ReversePark Southampton Limited will endeavour to correctly enter and transcribe personal information.
It is the individual’s responsibility to advise of any and all changes.
ReversePark Southampton Limited is too small an organisation to employ a dedicated Data Protection Officer. Instead, these duties have been added to those of the Directors who are responsible for all aspects of the company’s operations.
Cookie consent and information about cookies can be accessed by clicking on the cookie banner, if this is displayed (typically the first time you visit our site), or by clicking the “Change cookie consent” button at the bottom of any website page.
Not all cookies listed here may be found on your device – depending on your browser settings, some cookies may already have been rejected.